Sunday, March 06, 2005

Peet's in New York

I was picking up groceries in the store across the street, when I noticed something new next to the case of croissants and muffins. I usually go to the Gourmet Garage for the varied cheese selection and the olive bar (where there are usually toothpicks set out for sampling), but today the coffee containers caught my eye. Instead of offering the store brand for freshly brewed coffee, they were now selling Peet's. Peet's is a local coffee house in the San Francisco Bay Area which is known for its delicious, deeply flavored coffees. I also saw that the store was selling packages of grounds. I poured myself a cup of the Sumatra blend, mixed in a small amount of milk and sweetener, and savored the familiar and distinct taste. While Starbucks still dominates the New York market, it's nice to know that a there's little cup of California, right across the street.

No comments: