Thursday, August 07, 2008

The Whitney Portal Store Burger


I had an amazing burger last week. This one blows Corner Bistro and Shake Shack out of the water. The evening before I hiked Mount Whitney, I was hungry and wanted to get a square meal. This burger has fresh-cut potato fries, a nicely toasted bun, a juicy patty, and melting cheddar cheese. But that's not all. Crunchy, fresh lettuce, flavorful tomatoes, and salty pickle slices with integrity (not the limp ones) add texture and flavor. I was thoroughly impressed with the taste of the burger and the excellent components--usually a good burger has a glaring flaw, like a soggy bun or tired lettuce or unremarkable cheese. But this was perfect.
For more on my Whitney hike, and other fun things I've been doing, check out my new blog: http://christinetanguyen.blogspot.com/.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Found this while searching for a pic of a Whitney burger to show a friend who did not understand the true greatness, of a Whitney burger.

You are correct! They are just as good fresh off the trail or many days after!! Great, now I am craving one. My last day trail cadence is burger-beer-burger-beer-burger-beer, you do hike faster!

I had a Reds Meadow burger this last summer, and they are very good too. But they are no Whitney burger!