Tuesday, March 27, 2007

On a side note: hot dogs

Although I promised to discuss burgers, I have been sidetracked by a hot dog. Specifically, the chili cheese dog at Pink's, which I succumbed to last night under mild peer pressure. While I questioned whether the Pink's hot dog would live up to the hype, knowing that other hot dogs that people rave about (eg, Top Dog) fail to please me, once I had that juicy sausage in a soft bun, topped by a mound of meaty chili (no beans=a plus), onions, mustard and cheese, there was no more questioning. My companion remarked that she could live without the onions, and I agreed. This morning I heated up the other half of the hot dog for breakfast, for a surprisingly good, if indulgent meal (I had some green tea and a banana for balance.) The Pink's chili cheese dog certainly rivals the best I've had--a chili hot dog in a diner of unknown name in Schenectady, New York.
Pink's Chili Cheese Dog: 8/10 (Rating scale for hot dogs: 1=vegi dog and generic bun, unheated 5=your standard, $1, NYC dog from a stand with boiled hot dog, steamed bun, red relish and saurkraut 10=hypothetical best hot dog ever, with grilled bun, grilled sausage, and toppings galore.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.